Meghan MacLeodOccupational Therapist
Outgoing | Driven | Empathetic
"Vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation, creativity, and change" - Brene Brown
Meghan is passionate about engaging in daily occupation as a means to live your best life, which enables her to provide exceptional results for each of her clients. She enjoys discussing client goals and working together with clients to help them with the challenge that they are facing. She is also learning about sexuality and disability after injury (acute and chronic), surgery, or accident and is working towards gathering knowledge to assist her clients with regaining intimacy as a important aspect of their lives.
Meghan’s goal for treatment is to help enable you to participate in an activity (at home or at work) that is meaningful to you if you are facing a physical, mental, or cognitive injury or challenge. You can expect a conversation involving a history, details of your abilities and limitations, activities and tasks important to you, and goal setting/planning. Meghan and OT is unique in the aspect that she is able to meet you in your environment (at work, at home) as well as in-clinic, to assess and discuss your goals and needs. Your visit may also consist of measurements being taken of your environment (office space, home environment), functional testing (lifting, carrying), and/or questionnaires.
When Meghan isn’t working, she is passionate about fitness and living a healthy lifestyle. You can find her teaching Spin classes at a local studio, running, exploring local Nova Scotia culture and cuisine, and spending time with her family in the Annapolis Valley.
Available at our Fall River Location
- Masters of Science in Occupational Therapy - Dalhousie University
- Bachelor of Kinesiology - Acadia University
- Functional Capacity Evaluation Training (1 day and 2 day) - Leonard Matheson
- FCE and RTW Workshop for mental health conditions - MAXOT
- Assistive Devices for Sexual Activity Webinar - Institute for Sex, Intimacy, and Occupational Therapy
What services do you offer?
- Return to work planning after injury/accident/surgery
- Ergonomic assessments and worksite assessments
- On-site job coaching
- Home assessments
- Goal setting after injury or surgery
- Energy conservation techniques/fatigue management
- 1-Day and 2-Day Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Coordinating with insurance providers
- Recommending equipment and prescribing assistive devices
- Repetitive injury/musculo-skeletal conditions
- Post-surgery, rehabilitative conditions
- Motor-vehicle related injuries
- Chronic and permanent injuries/conditions (i.e. chronic pain, permanent injury/disability)
- Mild concussions
- Mild mental health concerns and cognitive challenges