Stephanie McCarvillePhysiotherapist, Yoga Teacher
Positive | Creative | Passionate
“Change is not something that we should fear. Rather, it is something that we should welcome. For without change, nothing in this world would ever grow or blossom, and no one in this world would ever move forward to become the person they’re meant to be." BKS Iyengar
Stephanie is a physiotherapist and a Yoga Instructor. She truly enjoys working with clients who want to make themselves stronger inside and out. She loves helping people to find more joy in their lives and return to doing the things that make them happiest.
Stephanie gets to know you as a person: who you are, what you like to do, what’s happening in your life that contributes to your current state of wellness and what you want to focus on. PhysioYoga uses her skills as a physiotherapist to assess and understand your body and where it needs attention. The treatment uses targetted exercises, breathing and yoga poses to experience the physical and mental benefits of both approaches to enjoy a healthy lifestyle.
When Stephanie is not at work she is spending time with her husband and daughter, hiking, canoeing, cooking, running and practicing yoga.
Treating clients in our Fall River location.
List education, courses
- BSc in Human Kinetics (Kinesiology), St. Francis Xavier University
- Masters in Physiotherapy, University of Western Ontario
- 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training, Therapeutic Approach Yoga Studio
- Advanced Orthopaedic Manual and Manipulative Physiotherapy Course, Level 1-3
What services do you offer?
- One-on-One Assessment
- Private PhysioYoga Classes
- Group PhysioYoga Classes
- Ability to modified and adapt poses/exercises using props, such as chairs, blocks, bolsters, belts and resistance bands
What things do you treat?
- The whole person, including:
- Overall Wellness
- Neck and Posture dysfunction
- Shoulder/Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Low Back and SI Joint Dysfunction
- Chronic Pain