Determined | Supportive | Reliable.
“When in doubt, ignore and be horribly unimpressed” Laurell K. Hamilton
Yolanda is a physiotherapist who was always interested in the human body and how it works. At the same time, She likes to work directly with people. Physiotherapy is the profession that encompasses both, allowing her to have an understanding of how the body works and work with people, helping them to return to their highest level of function.
Yolanda provides excellent patient-centered care, with a perfect balance between hands-on approach, exercise prescription and appropriate modalities. She actively involves her patients into their own care, listens carefully to their needs and goals, and empowers them with the necessary tools to reach their goals and maintain their health.
When Yolanda is not at work she enjoys her free time, doing outdoor activities with her wife and two insatiable beagles. She also loves kayaking, hiking, and archery.
List education, courses
- McKenzie Part A-D: Advanced Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar Spine & Extremities. Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy.The Robin McKenzie Institute of Canada.
- Complete Concussion Management Practitioner Certification
- Bone Fit Certification. Osteoporosis Canada
- Advanced Physical Therapy Upper Extremity Course. Advanced Physical Therapy Education Institute APTEI.
- Foundations of Anatomical Acupuncture Course, Level 2. Acupuncture Foundation of Canada Institute.
- Advanced FMT Blades Certified – Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization. IASTM. Rocktape Canada.
- Cupping Therapy. The Right Touch Massage and Acupuncture Therapy.
- Mulligan Concept: Lower Quadrant Course. Canzed Seminars Mulligan Concept.
- Advanced Orthopaedic Manual and Manipulative Physiotherapy Course, Level 1.
- Post Arthroscopy Shoulder Rehabilitation Course.UHZ Sports Medicine Institute-Healthsouth Doctors’Hospital, Miami, Florida
- Post Arthroscopy Knee Rehabilitation Course.UHZ Sports Medicine Institute-Healthsouth Doctors’Hospital, Miami, Florida
- Master in Science of Physiotherapy, Dalhousie University 2012
- Bachelor in Science of Physiotherapy, University College of Rehabilitation May Hamilton 2000
What services do you offer?
- Manual Therapy
- McKenzie Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Concussion Management
- Rehabilitation and Exercise Prescription
- Kinesiology Tape
- Post-Surgical Rehabilitation
What things do you treat?
- Lower Back Pain (including Mechanical Lower Back Pain, Disc Bulging, Sciatica)
- Neck Pain (including Disc Bulging, Disc Herniation, Nerve Compression)
- Motor Vehicle Accident Related Injuries (Whiplash, Soft Tissue Injuries)
- Repetitive Injuries
- Chronic Pain
- Post-Surgical Rehabilitation (Lumbar Spine, Shoulder, Knee, Hip, including TKR, THP, TSR)
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles Tendinopathy, tennis/golfer's elbow
- Nerve Entrapments (including Carpal Tunnel)
- Sports Injuries
- Shoulder, Knee and Hip Injuries
- Temporo-Mandibular Joint Dysfunction